Weekly lesson report (No.): 8 Date: 29-7-19 to 2-8-19 Class: PP2A
Subject: Learner Profile : The learner profiles that we focused on are inquirer and thinker as we inquired into the unit -Senses-.The students inquired about the 5 senses and the sense organs and how they help us to learn about ourselves and the environment.
We also focused on reflective learner profile . The students reflected on their learning during the assessments conducted.
Subject: Unit Of Inquiry
Transdisciplinary Theme: Who We Are
Central idea: We use our senses to learn about ourselves and our environment.
- The senses we have and their use.
- Our likes and dislikes
- How we can take care of our senses.
Activities done this week:
Formative Assessment on the Loi 1 was conducted.
The following activities were conducted during the week-
The students identified and differentiated various smells and tastes in a hands on activity.
Sense of taste and smell activity
- They sniffed different fragrances and smells of various things from a mystery box.
- Identified the items using only their sense of smell.
- Then differentiated between the various smells such as stinky, sweet, buttery, etc
- They tasted various eatables from a mystery box.
- Identified the food items using only their sense of taste.
- Then differentiate between the various tastes such as salty, sweet, spicy, etc.
The students were able to infer the use and importance of sense organs (nose and tongue) in their daily lives and how they help us to learn more about ourselves and our environment.
Sense of touch and feel hands on activity
The students identified and differentiated various textures in a hands on activity.
- .The students freely observed, touched and felt different objects with various textures displayed on the station.
- Identified the various textures using only their sense of touch and feel.
- Then differentiated between the various textures such as rough, smooth, furry, etc. The students were able to infer the use and importance of sense organ (hand and skin) in their daily lives and how they help us to learn more about ourselves and our environment.
The hands on activity of sense of taste and texture were followed by a reflection activity where the students listed down descriptive words for the various tastes and textures that they had brainstormed earlier and organised it in a graphical presentation in their notebooks.
Introduction to Loi 2 i.e Likes and Dislikes
- The students were involved in a provocative and an interactive classroom discussion in which they discussed how the senses played an important role in forming our likes and dislikes.
- They also inferred the link between the sense organs and our brain .
- Followed by a drawing activity where they reflected on ones likes and drew 5 sounds that sounded pleasant to them.eg: chirping of birds, the school bell ringing, the rain etc.
Upcoming activities/ HW: The students will be involved in analysing their likes and dislikes and the role of senses and the sense organs in framing their preferences and dislikes in the upcoming week.
HW: Visit a market place and observe the surroundings using the three senses( sense of taste, smell, and touch) and record the observations using illustrations in an activity sheet. ( The task is to be done with the parents help)
Activities done this week:
The students recapitulated their learning of numbers i.e 1 to 99.
- Number sequencing
- Fill in the missing numbers
- Identify the After and Before numbers using the number line.
Introduction – Tally Marks
The students inferred that the numerals can be illustrated in tally marks.( 1-10 )
Favourite Smell -Tally marks activity
- The students first sniffed the smells of petrol, soap and flower.
- They then divided themselves in three groups according to the smell they liked the most.
- Counted the number of kids in each group and illustrated the information as tally marks in an activity sheet.
The activity was integrated with our ongoing loi2 i.e likes and dislikes.
Activities done this week:
The students were engaged in spelling, reading and writing three letter cvc words of ‘e’ vowel in their notebooks.
They also related the words to their meanings there by developing their vocabulary skills.
The students repeated and modeled the teacher there by making their learning retain-able.
They wrote “eb” , ‘ed’ , family three letter words in their notebooks.
They also learnt to read sight words.
Upcoming activities/ HW: In the upcoming week the students will be spelling ,reading and writing “et” , “en”, “ep”, ‘es” family three letter words thereby enhancing the reading skills and vocabulary skills.
HW: Learn,read ,and write three letter “e” vowel words given in the notebook.
Activities done this week: حروف تہجی کے حروف کا اعادہ کیا گیا الف سے ذ تک اور تصاویر کو پہچان کر ان کے پہلے حرف سےجوڑ ملانا سکھا اس کے علاوہ تصاویر کو پہچان کر ان کا پہلا حرف لکھا اور الف سے ذ تک تمام تر حروف کو پڑھتے ہوئے لکھا
Upcoming activities/ HW: حروف د ڈ ذ کو پہچان کر ان سے آنے والے آشیاء کے ناموں کو پڑھتے ہوئے مشق کرئیے اور دی گئی جگہ میں لکھئیے۔
Activities done this week:ऋ अक्षर चरण प्रक्रिया द्वारा लिखाया गया समझाया गया |१ से १० तक हिंदी की गिनती पढाई गई |
Upcoming activities/ HWदिए गए गृह कार्यो को सम्पूर्ण कीजिए |
Activities done this week: Collage art was done in the class. The students were given small pieces of colour papers and they pasted the same on a Fish print out.