Weekly lesson report (No.): 7 Date: 5 August 2019- 9 August 2019 Class: Nursery B
Subject: Learner Profile
Activities done this week: The learner Profile attribute which was focussed this week was “Inquirer”. Being an inquirer helps the child to develop curiosity. They acquire the skills necessary to conduct inquiry and research and show independence in learning. They actively enjoy learning and this love of learning will be sustained throughout their lives.
- The kids did an inquiry on “Seasons” after watching a video.
Upcoming activities / HW:
Subject: Unit Of Inquiry
Activities done this week: We started our new topic “Seasons”.
- Kids were able to inquire about seasons through a video.
- They were able to list out different seasons.
- Rainy Season was generally focussed this week.
Activities done this week: Students did oral counting of numbers.
- They were able to identify numbers 1,2 &3.
- Kids were able to understand the values of number 1&2 through hands on activities.
- They enjoyed singing rhymes related to numbers ( Rabbit rabbit 123, 1,2 buckle my shoe, five little monkeys)
- Shapes “circle and square were recapitulated with their related objects.
- Students were able to understand the pre mathematical concepts “up-down, big-small and in-out” through roli poli.
- These activities helped the students develop cognitive and pre math skills.
Upcoming activities/ HW: Worksheet given.
Activities done this week: Students enjoyed listening to stories from the magic pot.
- Magic words like “please, sorry, thank you” were recapitulated.
- Students enjoyed reciting rhymes.
- Strokes were recapitulated.
- Lower case letter “a” was introduced this week along with its related objects. Phonics song was recited.
- These activities helped the students develop fine motor and cognitive skills.
Upcoming activities/ HW: Worksheet given
Letter “b” will be introduced with its related objects.
- Activities done this week: Students enjoyed scribbling with crayons and chalks.
- Students did free hand drawing.
Upcoming activities/ HW:
Activities done this week: Students recited several rhymes.
The rhymes are:
- God’s love is so wonderful……
- Nani teri morni……….
- Here we go round the mulberry bush………..
- Head shoulders knees and toes……
- Put your right hand in……………..
- Haathi raja…….
- ABCD song with phonics……..
- Jungle me janwar khelte hai…..
- Upcoming activities/ HW:
- Activities done this week: Students had free play with the manipulatives.
- Students enjoyed the game “Balancing the ball”. Students tried to balance the ball which was placed on the paper and had reached the end point.
- These activities helped the students develop eye-hand coordination and physical gross motor skills.
Upcoming activities/ HW:
Upcoming: Independence day celebrations.