Weekly lesson report (No.): 6 Date:31 July 2019- 2 August 2019 Class: Nursery B
Subject: Learner Profile
Activities done this week: The learner Profile attribute which was focussed this week was “Balanced”. Being “Balanced” helps to understand the importance of physical, emotional and intellectual balance to achieve personal goals.
- Students learnt basic table etiquettes and manners through the whole week.
- They learnt the importance of washing their hands when required.
Upcoming activities / HW:
Subject: Unit Of Inquiry
THEME: WHO WE ARE
TOPIC: ALL ABOUT ME
Activities done this week: Students were able to understand what “table manners” are.
- Table ettiquettes session was held to infuse the students about the topic. They enjoyed watching video on table manners. Below is the link
- Students learnt how to eat food with a spoon, fork and hands.
- This helped students develop self management and social skills.
Upcoming activities/ HW: Help your child follow these manners at home as well.
- New unit “seasons” will be introduced to the students.
Activities done this week: Students did oral counting of numbers.
- They were able to identify number 1&2.
- They enjoyed singing rhymes related to numbers ( Rabbit rabbit 123, 1,2 buckle my shoe, five little monkeys)
- Students learnt new shape “square”.
- These activities helped the students develop cognitive and pre math skills.
Upcoming activities/ HW: Worksheet given.
Activities done this week: Students enjoyed listening to stories from the magic pot.
- Magic words like “please, sorry, thank you” were introduced to them through a general story.
- Students enjoyed reciting rhymes.
- They were able to identify the strokes (standing line, sleeping line and slanting line). They enjoyed tracing the strokes in the sand tray.
- These activities helped the students develop fine motor and cognitive skills.
Upcoming activities/ HW: Letter “a” will be introduced with its related objects.
- Activities done this week: Students enjoyed scribbling with crayons.
- Students made imaginative things using clay.
Upcoming activities/ HW:
Activities done this week: Students recited several rhymes.
The rhymes are:
- God’s love is so wonderful……
- Nani teri morni……….
- Here we go round the mulberry bush………..
- Head shoulders knees and toes……
- Put your right hand in……………..
- Haathi raja…….
- ABCD song with phonics……..
- Jungle me janwar khelte hai…..
- Wash wash wash your hands
Upcoming activities/ HW:
Activities done this week: Students had free play with the manipulatives.
- They enjoyed playing with hoola hoops. The hoola hoops were arranged and the students were asked to jump in it accordingly.
- These activities helped the students develop physical gross motor skills.
Upcoming activities/ HW: Students will do balancing using ball and paper.
Passed: Table Ettiquettes session was held throughout the week.
Upcoming: Green Day celebrations.